Chord Huei Phono Stage
Based on 30 years of amplifier-building expertise, Huei offers MM/MC compatibility and integrates turntables to Chord’s amplifiers.
Entirely conceived, engineered and manufactured in Great Britain, Huei has been carefully designed to provide turntables with the same high standards of amplification that Chord Electronics has become known for over the past 30 years.
Benefitting from both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil functionality, Huei offers compatibility with a huge range of cartridges thanks to comprehensive gain and impedance-matching options; Huei’s high- and low-gain switching settings are easily accessible via front-panel controls, introducing welcome flexibility.
Huei’s advanced design offers (for the first time in a Chord Electronics phono preamp) ultra-low-noise microprocessor control of its main features, including a convenient memory function. With multiple options for impedance-matching, seven-stage switchable gain and a switchable rumble filter, Huei’s design offers comprehensive compatibility.
Precision-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminium billet, Huei has a similar form factor to the company’s Qutest DAC, and it also offers a top-mounted viewing window into the illuminated electronics within. The design also shares the same polychromatic control spheres Chord has become known for in its digital products. The illuminated front-panel spheres offer direct access to Huei’s gain and impedance settings, selection for MM/MC cartridges and access to the on-board rumble filter.
Huei is a stylish, practical and high-performance solution for integrating turntables into Chord Electronics’ (and other systems’) and features both unbalanced (RCA) and balanced outputs (XLR) with RCA inputs. A high-quality 12V external power supply is also supplied.
- Supported cartridges: Moving magnet and moving coil
- Inputs: 1x Stereo unbalanced RCA input
- Outputs: 1x Stereo unbalanced RCA output | 1x Stereo balanced XLR output
- Input Impedance: Moving magnet: 47kΩ
- Moving coil: 30Ω – 47kΩ, 12-step user selectable
- Gain Range, Moving Magnet: 25dB – 35dB, 8-step user selectable
- Gain Range, Moving Coil: 48dB – 70dB, 8-step user selectable
- Input Noise: 1.1nV/Hz
- Max Output Voltage RMS: 10v RMS
- Equalisation Response: RIAA Curve
- Equalisation Accuracy: +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency Response: RIAA Curve = 12Hz to 25kHz
- Rumble Filter: Rausch Slope -24dB per octave below 50Hz
- Output Impedance: 520Ω (resistive)
- Input Power Supply: 12v – 100v to 240v 50/60Hz PSU
- Dimensions: 41mm (H) x 160mm (W), 72mm (D)
- Weight: 657g