Seattle’s Premier Grado Dealer
Grado headphones and phono cartridges have been built in Brooklyn since 1953.
Over the past 61 years, Grado has become famous for their remarkable Grado headphone and Grado phono cartridge designs.
Joseph Grado is responsible for more innovations in phono cartridge design than any other person in our lifetime, inventing the stereo moving coil phono cartridge and holding more than 48 patents.
Grado’s Third Generation
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in their Brooklyn facility. Each iteration of Grado products represents a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Grado headphones have already been called “The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world.” So how did they improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material used in e-Series Grado headphones has been upgraded and optimized for one purpose: outstanding dynamics and fidelity.
- Grado’s proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate is engineered to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses, for a clearer tone.
- The e Series method of curing select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed to prevent corrosion on connectors, and unwanted graininess in your music.
- More than 60 years of Grado Labs expertise have led us to develop the most refined driver geometry in our history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue is new, optimized for greater strength, less mass, and better reliability.
- The traditional Grado headphones open-back form factor has not changed, because it delivers superior sonic quality and greater realism than closed-back designs.