Naim HDX Hard Disk Server
The Naim HDX Hard Disk Server delivers convenience without compromise. The world’s first audiophile hard disk music player, it was also Naim’s first step into digital music delivery.
And today, several years after its launch, it still sets the performance standards in its class. Invest in a Naim HDX and you’re buying more than just a single point of access for your digitally stored music collection.
It can operate as a high-performance hub for your whole home, streaming the songs you love into any room equipped with a compatible Naim device.
Sound quality, whatever format is being replayed and wherever it is being accessed, is never less than absolute. Naim—and Tune Hi-Fi, would accept nothing less.
Technology & Craft
Ripping a CD is easy, but ripping it so that it precisely matches the quality of the original is far more complex. Such fastidious attention to digital detail is key to the HDX’s ability: it repeatedly re-reads every CD inserted into its disc mechanism until it can deliver a bit-perfect copy of the original performance.
Accurate data is of little use if it’s handled carelessly, but the HDX is unusually particular about storing your music. Its 2TB (terabyte) hard disk has space enough to support up to 2,400 CDs in uncompressed quality. It will also automatically back up your music to an attached storage device if you wish. Naim’s Extended Music Database ensures every disc you insert will be correctly identified, tagged and catalogued too – so browsing your collection will be almost as enjoyable as listening to it.
The HDX is also available in a Solid State Drive (SSD) variant, the HDX. While the standard HDX has an internal hard disk storage drive, the HDX-SSD caters for the music lover with an extensive collection and is designed to save all ripped music to Network Attached Storage (NAS) enabling almost infinite storage capability.
Technical Features | Naim HDX Hard Disk Server
- Bit-perfect CD ripping to internal 2TB hard disk, sufficient for 2,400 CDs in uncompressed form
- Solid State Drive (SSD) variant available, HDX-SSD, for the music lover with an extensive collection
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, Ogg Vorbis and MP3
- Naim Extended Music Database delivers track-level resolution for music browsing and selection
- Naim Network Scanning discovers all playable music and accompanying data on networked PC and Mac computers
- Naim UPnP software serves audio to any compatible UPnP device, such as NaimUniti 2
- 24bit/192kHz playback and storage
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Ultra low-noise triple-regulated power supplies
- Front-panel touch screen and iOS app for intuitive control
learn more about the Naim HDX Disk Server