Naim NAC 152 XS Preamplifier
Naim’s entry-level separate preamplifier, the Naim NAC 152 XS preamplifier provides all the transparency and musicality you’d expect from Naim, plus a long-term upgrade path to even better performance. The perfect alternative to an integrated amplifier, it’s an outstanding first step into the world of Naim ownership.
Technology & Craft
The Naim NAC 152 XS preamplifier, a replacement for the NAC 122x, is based on its larger brother the NAC 202 and features a hardwired motorized Alps volume control potentiometer delivering better performance and lower noise in use. The six DIN inputs are relay switched, improving performance. Much care in the design has been afforded to making the casework and PCB as low resonance as possible and to isolate the PCB from interference in its environment.
The Naim NAC 152 XS preamplifier features an additional output alongside the Naim standard DINs. This stereo output on two RCA sockets is optimized for connection to an active subwoofer and supports the growing use of 2.1 systems. Its rear panel layout is similar to the NAC 202 and hence is Fraim friendly. The Naim NAC 152 XS preamplifier can be powered from the preamp power outputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 or can be upgraded by powering it from either a FlatCap XS or HiCap power supply. One of the DIN inputs can supply power to a Naim StageLine outboard phono stage.
Technical Features | Naim NAC 152 XS Preamplifier
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to ease connection into a wide range of systems
- User configurable unity-gain AV input
- Full infrared remote control - RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations
- Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems
- Can be powered from the preamp inputs of the NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 or external power supply (see Upgrade Path)
learn more about the Naim NAC 152 XS Preamplifier