Naim NAC 552 Preamplifier
Naim’s preamplifiers epitomize everything Naim believes in. Starting with their revolutionary NAC 12 back in 1974, Naim preamplifiers have both rewritten the rules and set the standards for others to follow.
The Naim NAC 552 preamplifier is second only to Naim’s Statement NAC S1: its distinctive two-box configuration marks it out from the competition just as surely as its unfettered musicality reflects our core values. It’s one of the best preamplifiers Naim has ever produced, and by extension, among the best in the world.
Technology & Craft
Like every component in Naim’s flagship 500 Series range, the Naim NAC 552 preamplifier has been developed without compromise or constraint. Its two-box design, which houses the power supply components in a separate enclosure to better control electromagnetic interference, is classically Naim. By contrast, the power supply itself employs radically new thinking, including a new split-rail configuration that almost entirely eliminates power supply noise in the signal earth.
The sound-critical electronics of the Naim NAC 552 preamplifier are mounted on a brass sub-chassis which is fully suspended on coil springs at a frequency below the threshold of human hearing. This method of suspension maximizes isolation, hence minimizing the effect of vibration on the highly sensitive electronic components. Carefully selected precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers are used to preserve music integrity and ensure long-term stability.
Six inputs on the Naim NAC 552 Preamplifier can be selected directly from either the front panel or the remote control. In addition to the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, the NAC 552 owner can configure two of the inputs for use with the more common RCA phono type connectors, enabling the use of alternative components with pre-owned interconnects.
Technical Features | Naim NAC 552 Preamplifier
- Two-box configuration for optimum rejection of electromagnetic interference
- Split-rail power supply featuring 800VA toroidal transformer, three smoothing capacitors and new Discrete Regulator (DR)
- Fully suspended sub-chassis for superior isolation of sensitive circuit boards
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- Independent listen and record banks for maximum flexibility
- Assignable inputs for enhanced usability with a range of sources
learn more about the Naim NAC 552 preamplifier